Historic resources. Buildings 6-10

Return to [Historic Resources list] or [Historic Resource map]

6. Andall Building  (1913)

1210 C Street at West Holly. 
Built originally as a chicken cannery adjacent to the railroad, this re-inforced concrete building was later used by Swan Moving and Storage Company, then in the 1940s and 1950s was used to store paper, then as a carpet store from 1957.
(Turbeville, 1977, pp.255-256.)                                       
C_ST_1210A.jpg
Taken 9/1/2009
C_ST_1210B.jpg
9/1/2009
C_ST_1210C.jpg
9/1/2009
C_ST_1210D.jpg
  Not strictly 1210 C St., but West Coast Marine Services owned 120 C St. The entire set of buildings are scheduled to be demolished, possibly in 2009 for redevelopment.  9/1/2009.

April 9 2011

C_ST_1210F.jpg
The former site of the Andall Building is now part of the new West Coast Marine Services building that replaces both buildings.  4/9/2001

C_ST_1210E.jpg
  4/9/2001

Return to [Historic Resource map] or [Historic Resources list] or [W Holly St]

7. US Hotel     

700 West Holly St at C Street
HOLLY_ST_W_710A
4/8/2009
HOLLY_ST_W_700C
4/8/2009
Return to [Historic Resource map] or [Historic Resources list] or [W Holly St]

8. Union Block—Moose Lodge                            Former Sash and Door, then Restore site. Demolished 2009

610 W Holly St. Built 1886
Originally a two-story store and hotel. It became the Union Hotel in 1902. The hotel closed in 1930 and the upper floor removed in 1940 to conform to fire codes. In the 1950s the building was stuccoed and converted to two taverns. (Turbeville, 1977, pp. 19-20.)
Return to [Historic Resource map] or [Historic Resources list] or [W Holly St]

9. Stenger Hotel                                                   Former Sash and Door, then Restore site. Demolished 2009

08DSC03103.jpg
All that's left.  4/8/2009
Return to [Historic Resource map] or [Historic Resources list] or [W Holly St]

10. Waterfront Tavern Building   (1910

521-523 West Holly St. 
Built on piles at the rear and on fill at the front, the building has had many owners running restaurants at the rear and commercial firms such as clothing stores at the front. Since 1972 the Waterfront Tavern [now Seafood and Bar] has been the sole occupant.
(Turbeville, 1977, pp.227-228.)
HOLLY_ST_W_521-523A
  4/8/2009
HOLLY_ST_W_521-523B
  4/8/2009
HOLLY_ST_W_521-523C
  4/8/2009
HOLLY_ST_W_521-523D.jpg
  4/8/2009
Return to [Historic Resource map] or [Historic Resources list] or [W Holly St] or go on to [Buildings 11-15 on the list]