West Holly Street, Bellingham, 600 block

Return to [W Holly St index]

West Holly Street, 600 block, NE side

The following buildings are listed in the Historic Resources list of the City Center Design Standards:

8. Union Block—Moose Lodge                            Demolished of former Sash and Door then Restore site

610 W Holly St. Built 1886
Originally a two-story store and hotel. It became the Union Hotel in 1902. The hotel closed in 1930 and the upper floor removed in 1940 to conform to fire codes. In the 1950s the building was stuccoed and converted to two taverns. (Turbeville, 1977, pp. 19-20.)

1965 1970 1975 Ritz Tavern 1980 Salty Pelican (608-12) 1985 1989-90 1995 Not listed

9. Stenger Hotel                                                   Demolished of former Sash and Door then Restore site

612 W Holly St.

1965 Ritz Tavern 1970 1975 Not listed 1980 part of 608-12 1985 1989-90 Moose Lodge    1995 Vacant

HOLLY_ST_W_600A
All that's left.  4/8/2009

West Holly Street, 600 block, SW side

HOLLY_ST_W_601
601 W Holly St. Chuckanut Brewery.  5/3/2009

1965 Not listed    1970 Rentals Inc, machinery & equipment rental   1975 Not listed    1980 1985 1989-90 1995 Rentals Inc, equipment rentals

Return to [W Holly St index]

HOLLY_ST_W_615.jpg
615 W Holly St. On the corner of C St. Chuckanut Brewery abuts on the left.  9/1/2009

1965 1970 Not listed    1975 Duke’s Outboard, sale & repair     1980 1985 1989-90 1995 Champion Cycle, motor cycle sales & repair

Return to [W Holly St index] or go on to  700 block